Path of Darkness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extreme Music For Extreme People

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Headbanging causing head & neck injuries...so should we headband no more?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BLOOD

Headbanging causing head  & neck injuries...so should we headband no more? Empty
PostSubject: Headbanging causing head & neck injuries...so should we headband no more?   Headbanging causing head  & neck injuries...so should we headband no more? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 5:28 am

Hi All

Found this article today mentioning research has found that headbanging causing head & neck injuries
The research mentions that average headbanging song with a tempo of 146 beats a minute is likely to cause mild injury if the head's range of motion is greater than 75 degrees.
... also mentioning Motley's crue Kickstart My Heart on top the list of injury-inducing songs.... well I wonder the effect of some black/death metal songs ...

Well from my experience, I used to have 2-3 days of neck pain after concerts...and found the use of salonpas really great. Also some neck warm-up before these events would help to minimise the pain.

Anyway...share your thoughts about the matter

cheers

P.S full article at :
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,28383,24817249-7484,00.html
Back to top Go down
Bostaph

Headbanging causing head  & neck injuries...so should we headband no more? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbanging causing head & neck injuries...so should we headband no more?   Headbanging causing head  & neck injuries...so should we headband no more? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 11:10 pm

Interesting topic here!

It is indeed true that in the long run,head,neck and spinal injury could arise from headbanging!

As for me,what I usually do at shows is that I do not really bang my head but bang my whole upper body,leaving my head and neck almost untouched. Then,as soon as I get home,I usually take a painkiller and apply some gel (like Termozene or other muscle relaxing gel like Olfen gel) on my neck and back. The next day,I may feel some pain but it is bearable.

Anybody else got any tips?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/shakti
jevin

PostSubject: Re: Headbanging causing head & neck injuries...so should we headband no more?   Headbanging causing head  & neck injuries...so should we headband no more? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:42 pm

Neck and shoulder exercise before concerts sure do help.

I have also noticed that prolonged periods of headbanging results in a lot of pain. So what I usually do (when I'm not drunk, that is) is I stop headbanging when I start to feel the neck pain. I take a short break before getting back in the pit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Headbanging causing head & neck injuries...so should we headband no more?   Headbanging causing head  & neck injuries...so should we headband no more? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Headbanging causing head & neck injuries...so should we headband no more?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Path of Darkness :: General Metal :: General Metal Chat-
Jump to: